Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The IncREDibles

Well first.....

I am kinda glad that i dont need to use my vocal chords to write this email as they are still recovering from the amazing spectacular superb unbelievable miracle glorious pride & passion filled events of last Wednesday night.

Except a rather big problem that the game started at 2.45 in these parts, so not exactly at night, which meant that I went on drinking for at least 12 hours, if not more until I staggered back to my flat at god only knows what time!

I don’t think there is actually a feeling like it, especially with being 3-0 down at half time, and then, THAT happened. The mixture of despair, depression and ultimate euphoria (ok, and a ‘little’ drink) is something that I am unlikely to see again. well, not at least until next season after Liverpool win the Premiership, Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup, Super Cup, the Club World Championship next season. Easy.

Moving away from football, La Paz life is going rather swimmingly. I have moved into a new flat in the centre of La Paz which is really nice, amazing view, situated 2 mins away from everything. Cheap as! The newspaper is changing, we are taking it more towards a magazine type look, but this means more work designing, editing, seeing what looks good etc…but it has a glossy cover-so cant fail!!

Hope you are all well, and if anyone has a copy of last Thursdays paper with the Liverpool celebration front pages can you keep them for me please? I want to plant them on my wall when I got back!

So, I will end with an extract from Italian newspaper La Repubblica;

‘One usually has to work hard for victories. Milan, instead, worked hard for a bitter defeat

Gerrard raised the cup, they did not steal it. It seemed they lost it, they won it. Honour to them’


I love good journalism!


Matt

No comments: