Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Matt the murderer...

Hi People,


Sorry for the delay in writing, i have no excuse bar a severe laps of fingersmithing.

Now about the murdering. I have to apologise, but i have done a terrible thing and need to tell you all about it to clean my conscience.

I have been the past week living with a friend at his girlfriends families house in northern Peru. The family have been really fantastic, friendly, fun, fascinating, faultless to a T, all of which i am in their gratitude....but

As i was leaving i bought them a present to show how thankful i was of their hospitality. Not a normal present i know, but i bought them two Guinea-Pigs. One had ravishing good looks (for something that has ‘pig’ in its name), strong, powerful, intelligent, so blatantly I called him Matt.

Any normal country this would be a nice present for the kids to play with, not in Peru. It was not quite an ‘Ahh...’ that I received on presenting them, more of a ‘Mmm…’

Did you know that the head is a particular delicacy in these parts, seems eating it gives you extra intelligence. Also a bit more random info, it seems that I am tall, in comparison to the locals, due to the obviously large amount of soup that I drank as a child. Seriously! Makes sense to me.

Coming to the end of my tour soon. Am offski towards La Paz and altitude sickness and my wonderful Bock (local tipple, fantastic stuff) now, so think of me travelling and wish me luck at the border.

For those of you that don’t know, i am settling down in La Paz working again at the Llama Express, the ONLY English language newspaper in the whole 1,098,581 sq km of land that is Bolivia. Not even as an ordinary pleb this time, but as the EDITOR of the ONLY English language newspaper in the whole 1,098,581 sq km of land that is Bolivia! Top-Dog eh!


chao-for-now

Matt

No comments: