Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Back on the ball....

With the travelling blues well and truly behind me I now work as a temp for Stevenage Borough Council , as an admin assistant. When going for my interview I was told (or warned) "you will be working in a mainly female dominated environment". I SO wish I had heeded this warning! Basically I have been here two-ish months and have seen the morning ritual of "oh that top looks nice" "I like those boots, where did you get them from" "Awwww, you look so pretty. Have you done something with your hair?" said to me, I mean to the others SOOO many times! Its amazingly false! I just cant understand why they do it!?

Then only a week or two ago we were told that we would have all overtime cut and we had to stick to our usual working ours and one of the girls made a big fuss about it to everyone, except for the manager who she should have gone to in the first place! She was then overheard itching again by another manager, after which she was dragged in and given 'a good talking to' I would guess. But the thing is, I don't care.

I hardly care about any of the conversations they have. If its not on clothes or a "who do you think is fitter, Brad Pitt or Simon Cowell" pop quizzes, its about some shitty TV programme that I would never watch or care about anyway!

I don't know why I didn’t come up with this idea in the first place – write your blog whilst at work! - GENIUS!

Well now I am now counting the days down until I next go back to the land south America...currently at 36 days....to see the mrs in Cuzco (Peru) then spend some well earned quality time together for a few months ;-)

In the mean-time I am sure I can find something to moan about - until next time.....

No comments: